SVGcleaner is not enabled by default, but you can quickly and easily install it. Simply look for the "Install svgcleaner" link next to the SVG Optimization Level. Click it, and EWWW IO will fetch the latest copy of svgcleaner, and install it on your site. Note that free SVG optimization is only supported on Linux, Mac OSX, and Windows. If you're using something else, you can optimize your SVG files via our Compress API.
If you have any trouble with the automatic installer, let us know. If you need to manually install svgcleaner, you can find the latest release here: https://github.com/RazrFalcon/svgcleaner/releases/latest
- Download the version of svgcleaner that matches your web server (NOT your desktop/laptop). If you don't know what operating system your web server is running, ask your web host, or turn on debugging and send the debug information when you email us for assistance.
- If you have Windows on your personal computer, you may need to install 7-zip or something similar to extract the .tar.gz files. Linux and Mac OS X systems have built-in support for gzipped files.
- Once you have extracted the install package, simply copy the svgcleaner file (or svgcleaner.exe for Windows) to the wp-content/ewww/ folder on your web server.
- Make sure the permissions are set correctly. It is recommended to use 755 or rwxr-xr-x, which is read, write, execute for the owner, read/execute for the group, and read/execute for everyone else.
- If svgcleaner still is not working, just let us know, and we'll see if we can help you get it working!