Introduction to Easy Image Optimizer
What is Easy IO?
In short Easy IO is a tool that improves the speed at which images are able to be viewed on your site. This image optimization process has four components that you'll often see recommended:
- Compress images, repacking the bits into a smaller container.
- Properly Scale/Size images, making sure images are the correct dimensions for the page and the screen where they are viewed.
- Defer offscreen images (lazy load).
- Use next-gen image formats (like WebP).
These things can have a tremendous impact on the performance of your site and the experience your visitors have on that site. Unfortunately, most image optimization programs only work to solve the compression problem, and few tackle all four of them.
As a result, optimizing images has traditionally required a lot of tedious manual work. But not anymore! Using the power of ExactDN, Easy IO takes the guess-work out of image optimization so you can focus on the things that are important!
Hold on, what is ExactDN?
ExactDN provides the tools necessary to optimize and serve your images in the fastest way possible. From compression to resizing, ExactDN makes sure you are putting your best image forward.
How does it work?
Easy IO optimizes images by doing three core things:
- The plugin searches for image urls on your site and replaces them with cloud URLS to allow automatic compression, sizing, and conversion to the WebP image format.
- Uses a customized lazy loader to defer off-screen images AND fine-tune the image sizing/scaling.
- Combines all of this with a powerful CDN to cache your images for lightning fast page loads. This moves your images closer to your visitors, so that they load quickly anywhere in the world. It also reduces the load on your web server, which can improve performance as well.
To enable Easy IO, follow these steps:
- Install the plugin through the built-in WordPress plugin installer, or upload the “easy-image-optimizer” plugin to your /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Start a free trial subscription for Easy Image Optimizer at https://ewww.io/easy/.
- Link your site to your account at https://ewww.io/manage-sites/
- Visit the EWWW IO settings page to complete activation.
- Done! Now go out and get back to doing the things you enjoy!
If you need assistance with anything related to ExactDN or Easy IO, you can always contact us (link below).