ExactDN on Multi-site
ExactDN is fully compatible with a multi-site or network install of WordPress. However, there are some things you should know:
- ExactDN is site-specific, thus each site on a network install will activate ExactDN individually after you enable ExactDN.
- If you do not wish to use ExactDN on every site in your network install, you should not activate EWWW IO network-wide. However, you may activate EWWW IO network-wide if you enable Single-site Overrides in the network-level EWWW IO settings.
- If you enable ExactDN network-wide, every site on your network install will attempt to activate itself with ExactDN. If the sites have not been added at https://ewww.io/manage-sites/ then they will fail, and cause the global ExactDN option to be disabled.
- Regardless of how you enable EWWW IO and ExactDN, you will only see the ExactDN status on the individual site settings for EWWW IO. Ensure that it shows Verified in the Optimization Status on the right-hand side.
- Normally, every site within your network install will need to be added individually to the Manage Sites page. However, if you use sub-directories rather than unique domains (or sub-domains) for your sites, enter the first site's url on https://ewww.io/manage-sites/ and then you can enable ExactDN network-wide.