ExactDN (Easy IO) on Multi-site
The Easy Image Optimizer is fully compatible with a multi-site or network install of WordPress. However, there are some things you should know:
- Easy IO is site-specific, thus each site on a network install will activate Easy IO individually after you enable the Easy IO option.
- If you do not wish to use Easy IO on every site in your network install, you should not activate the plugin network-wide. However, you may activate the EWWW Image Optimizer plugin network-wide if you enable Single-site Overrides in the network-level EWWW IO settings.
- If you enable Easy IO network-wide, every site on your network install will attempt to activate itself with Easy IO. If the sites have not been added at https://ewww.io/manage-sites/ then they will fail, and cause the global Easy IO option to be disabled.
- Regardless of how you enable Easy IO, you will only see the verification status on the individual site settings for EWWW IO. Ensure that it shows Verified in the Optimization Status on the right-hand side.
- Normally, every site within your network install will need to be added individually to the Manage Sites page. However, if you use sub-directories rather than unique domains (or sub-domains) for your sites, enter the first site's URL on https://ewww.io/manage-sites/ and then you can enable Easy IO network-wide.